I’ve said it before: The world is becoming more and more data driven.
The enterprise is also becoming more and more data driven – whether it is strategic planning or budgeting or marketing, business leaders increasingly rely on data to drive the decision-making process. This makes sense: if you can capture the data, why not use it? In the context of supply management and on these pages, we frequently talk about the importance of spend data – so yes, procurement is a function that is becoming more and more data driven too. Capturing the data is only one part of the equation; being able to view it, analyze it, and ultimately take action based upon it is where the real value lies.
But, in the large and ever-expanding IT ecosystem that exists within most enterprises, there is another level of data that impacts procurement: Master Data. It’s a hot topic and one that I’ll be tackling for the first time next Tuesday, when I participate in a webinar (free registration by clicking here) that looks at the impact that managing master data can have on procurement performance. Here are the details:
Master Data Mastery – Strategies to Improve Procurement Performance
A complimentary webinar on how procurement departments can identify and act on the best master data management strategies for greater procurement effectiveness.
We live in a world that is increasingly data-driven. Data has become a major driver of business strategy and a major driver of performance results. Despite this trend, the average procurement department struggles with enterprise-level systems that make access to high-quality data difficult and an ability to frame and analyze it in a timely manner nearly impossible.
Mastering your procurement data has never been more important. Join Andrew Bartolini, Chief Research Officer at Ardent Partners and the Publisher of CPO Rising as he discusses the master data management strategies and approaches that leading procurement organizations are using to improve their performance.
On attending this knowledge and experience sharing webinar, participants will learn:
- Why master data management is critical for the procurement departments and how the needs are different in a harmonized ERP applications environment
- How to develop and execute a company-specific master data management strategy
- How best-in-class companies approach master data management by taking advantage of existing resources and in-house expertise
- How supply-centric master data management can lead to significant hard dollar savings
- How real-time data quality helps in ensuring ongoing data integrity, and drives cost, people and process efficiency
- · Andrew Bartolini, Chief Research Officer at Ardent Partners & Publisher, CPO Rising
- · Arthur Raguette, Vice President, Business Development, Zycus Inc.
Date and Time: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 – 2 PM EST or Thursday, January 27 at 1:30 PM CET
Cost of participation: It’s Free!